tiistai 29. maaliskuuta 2011

Inspiration

I found IT! My honey.. My.. NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4! It was hiding in a sneaky place in a closet.

I will introduce you to this lovely little lens! (And some other stuff, too)


My father bought it around 1983 (Boy, my lens is almost 30 years old). It's been with him until he passed it down to me 3 years ago. It's an amazing lens, I never have to retouch my photos on photoshop afterwards.


The thing I love about my lenses is that they're all manual. (I'll introduce the rest later!)I did get a 18-55mm lens with my kit, but I hardly ever use it. I just love the feeling of doing everything myself, having control on all the options! I really do get the feeling I took the photo myself when I adjust the settings on every photo, even the focus. I do like taking pictures with my PowerShot, but it's just not the same...

I got interested in photography back in 2007 or 2008 when my father showed me his old Nikon FM, a full manual film camera he used to take pictures with. I wanted to learn how to use it, so I learned how to use all the functions of the camera.
Soon I noticed how expensive film was. I also wanted to take more pictures. (only 24 per film, boo!)
In November 2008, I found a Nikon D80 which was 600€ off with a flash and a lens(The normal price was 1300€) at a local store. I really liked its semi-professional settings (compared to the Nikon D60, for example) and bought it. Compared to the usage of the film camera, I really got to let myself free with the D80! Infinite pictures! Haha. After 2008 I've taken atleast 8500 photos, and counting... I haven't abandoned my Nikon FM completetely though!

I got inspired today.





This is my newest work in progress! It's an art nouveau inspired piece that I've been working on for 5 hours or such.
Much to do, will post finished version!


Good night!

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti